Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Process

Writing a book, to say the least, is hard work.  I didn't realize how much until I was in the trenches with writing mine.  I'm happy that it's done and is being printed as I'm writing this blog.

I marvel at how God sent the right people at the right time to guide me through the process.  I love books and will never look at another one the same!  If the ones I've read are anything like mine, they were written with a lot of blood, sweat and tears.  In the end I believe it will be worth it all if I can encourage one musician and his wife, then another, then another, then another.  
 
I anticipated the discipline needed to finish it; the seemingly never-ending editing process and having to read the manuscript so much I feel as if I know it by heart.  What I did not factor in were the battles I've had to fight in my personal life and attacks on my family. It has been one thing after another.  I can write a book on just that alone!  Whew!  However at every turn, there was victory.  God is so faithful and my relationship with Him has soared during this process.  

I've been praying that our story will touch lives.  We weathered many storms together.  We didn't see eye to eye on many points over the tenure of our marriage with this "music thing." We even questioned each other by asking, "Why did you stay?" But at the end of the day, our desire is to please God and do what He called us to do by sharing our testimony of His sustaining power, and how committing to His will created the life that we so fondly enjoy today.

Reserve your copy of "Me, My Man and His Music," today at www.kimmcquitty.com.  

God bless,
Kim


 

No comments:

Post a Comment