Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year - Same Expectation

At the beginning of 2011, I felt in my spirit that it was going to be a great year for Marvin and I.  The Lord even sent a gentleman in my church to confirm what I sensed.  His words to me were, "Sister Kim, 2011 is going to be a 'great' year for you and Brother Marvin, but you must be patience and have expectation."  I received those words for my life for 2011 and held them close to my heart.

The scripture says our ways are not God's ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts. That became evident when everything around and concerning us was attacked and tested. I interpreted "great" to be the tangible and long-awaited blessings becoming manifested in my life.

All in all, 2011 was a "great" year, but not what I envisioned.  It was a "great" year of faith, fighting, believing God, and taking Him at His Word. In my mind, it was one of the worst years we've had in many years because we battled so much. At times, I felt like I was only holding on by a thread. It wasn't the great year I envisioned, but a "great" year of fighting the good fight of faith, a "great" year of using worship as a weapon, a "great" year of spending time in His presence, a "great" year of renewing my mind in His Word, and a "great" year of leaning and depending on Him like never before.

My sights are set on 2012 being another "great" year, however with a different mindset.  A "great" year of going deeper in the things of God.  A "great" year of stepping out in ministry.  A "great" year of seeking the face of God.  And in the event God decides to flood my life with "great" things; the blessings, the finances, the tangible desires I have before Him, that will only add to this "great" year that He already predestined for me.

2012 will be my "greatest" year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment